Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

I am using MS Word 2003 and am facing a problem with the Style and Formatting panel. That is, when I right click on a particular style existing in the style gallery, I am unable to view the option, " Select All the <number> instance". The <number> varies depending on the times, the currently selected style is used in the document. Also, in general, the Show drop down menu docked in the bottom of the Style and Formatting panel, provides options such as, Available formatting, All Styles, Custom, Available styles, and Formatting in use. However, on my system, I am only getting All Styles, Custom, Available styles, and Formatting in use option, so was wondering if this is also linked with the select issue.

As I am formatting a large document, therefore, this option proves really helpful in ensuring that no incorrect style is used in the document, but this problem is not allowing me to do so.

Please help !!

Thanks in advance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I've moved your question from General MS Office Suite to Word, since it is specific to Word.

The "Select All" button in the Styles and Formatting task pane is only enabled if the check box "Keep track of formatting" in the Edit tab of Tools | Options... has been ticked. If this check box is clear, the "Select All" button will be disabled.

"Available formatting" is only listed in the Show dropdown list at the bottom of the task pane if the "Keep track of formatting" check box mentioned above is ticked. "Custom..." is only listed if that check box is clear.

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='790713' date='26-Aug-2009 05:52']I've moved your question from General MS Office Suite to Word, since it is specific to Word.

The "Select All" button in the Styles and Formatting task pane is only enabled if the check box "Keep track of formatting" in the Edit tab of Tools | Options... has been ticked. If this check box is clear, the "Select All" button will be disabled.

"Available formatting" is only listed in the Show dropdown list at the bottom of the task pane if the "Keep track of formatting" check box mentioned above is ticked. "Custom..." is only listed if that check box is clear.[/quote]

Thank you for the quick response. I can proceed further now