3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Word 2002 SP3 has just started exhibiting this annoying behaviour. When I have windows open side by side (same instance of word), there is a noticeable delay when I swap between the two documents, during which time the toolbars flicker, and appear to be refreshing.

I have just standard, formatting, and reviewing toolbars visible, and there are no custom toolbars on display.

I don't understand this behaviour, and google doesn't help. Has anyone else experienced a similar phenomenon, and did you find a solution?

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks
    [quote name='Mark P' post='790759' date='26-Aug-2009 15:07']Word 2002 SP3 has just started exhibiting this annoying behaviour. When I have windows open side by side (same instance of word), there is a noticeable delay when I swap between the two documents, during which time the toolbars flicker, and appear to be refreshing.

I have just standard, formatting, and reviewing toolbars visible, and there are no custom toolbars on display.

I don't understand this behaviour, and google doesn't help. Has anyone else experienced a similar phenomenon, and did you find a solution?

Thanks[/quote]
    Are the documents on a network drive? I find Word can be slow when I am working on documents on a network drive some distance away (I mean in another building or city, not a home network). If they are large ones, I get round it by putting them on my hard disc to work on and shifting them back afterwards.

Ian

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hans, you're indefatigable. Don't know how you do it.

Had forgotten about that troubleshooter - and it wasn't as painful as I recall.

Problem appeared to be a rogue global add in.

Thanks very much