2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have create a OLE field in a table to store images and then use a bound object frame to display the picture in a report. Bitmap files (.bmp) work fine, but images in .jpg or .gif format display the file name, not the image in the report. What am I doing wrong?

Larry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Try storing the images in an Attachment field instead of an OLE field.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    How do you create an attachment field - it's not one of the standard data types (text, memo, number, date/time, currency, autonumber, yes/no, OLE object, hyperlink) - or is it the hyperlink field pointing to the file?

Thanks.

Larry

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I forgot to mention that you can only create an attachment field in a database in the new .accdb database format.

In a database in .mdb format, you should *not* store images (unless they are small in number and size) - it leads to incredible bloating of the file size.
    You should store the path/filename in a text field instead, and use an unbound image control to display the images. See Post 788517.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Hans (Duh!! I must have created the database in 2003 before the upgrade). Anyway, the attachement type works perfectly. Thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you - thank you!

Larry

[quote name='HansV' post='790872' date='26-Aug-2009 21:40']I forgot to mention that you can only create an attachment field in a database in the new .accdb database format.

In a database in .mdb format, you should *not* store images (unless they are small in number and size) - it leads to incredible bloating of the file size.
    You should store the path/filename in a text field instead, and use an unbound image control to display the images. See Post 788517.[/quote]