Thanks
    Good Morning. I'm sitting at an XP machine, so I don't have the option of testing this right now.
    But I'm wondering if I can set up a desktop shortcut to always "Run as Administrator". This is instead of the right-click method.
    Even better would be modifying the permissions on the software so that no matter how it is launched it runs as administrator.

The software in question runs this: Sierra Wireless USB Key

TIA
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Yes, right click the icon, menus entry or exe file, and select Properties.
    Then select the Compatibility tab and add a check to "Run as Administrator", then OK yourself out.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    [quote name='DaveA' post='790784' date='26-Aug-2009 09:03']Yes, right click the icon, menus entry or exe file, and select Properties.
    Then select the Compatibility tab and add a check to "Run as Administrator", then OK yourself out.[/quote]
    Thanks Dave - it was probably staring me right in the face.
    If I set the exe to always run as administrator - will that apply to the shortcut. Or do I have set that independently as well?
    I'm going to have to give long distance instructions on this - so I need to be clear on the concept myself
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Yes, if I remember right, when ever the EXE is run, then one will get the UAC pane to run as administrator and then one must click OK.

I have a couple of Family Research programs that needs to check for updates and need to run as admin to start the checking. So I have set it up in this manner and it seems to work, but, one must hit the OK every time.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.