Thanks
    Is there a way to save / restore icon / desktop arrangements in Windws 7 (b7100)?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='798214' date='15-Oct-2009 13:10']See for example: Software DesktopOK 1.57 Save and restore the desktop icon positions.[/quote]

That should do it. I found a reg entry that turned on the "Save Dektop Icon Layout", but it didn't/doesn't differentiate between saves.

Thanks Hans.

Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='CWBillow' post='798276' date='15-Oct-2009 19:29']That should do it. I found a reg entry that turned on the "Save Dektop Icon Layout", but it didn't/doesn't differentiate between saves.

Thanks Hans.

Chuck[/quote]

Backup & Restore Desktop Icons Position on Windows 7, Vista & XP looks like something that'll do what you want.

Joe

Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='798277' date='15-Oct-2009 17:35']Backup & Restore Desktop Icons Position on Windows 7, Vista & XP looks like something that'll do what you want.

Joe[/quote]

That one's really versatile!

Thanks Joe.

Chuck

Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='798277' date='16-Oct-2009 01:35']Backup & Restore Desktop Icons Position on Windows 7, Vista & XP looks like something that'll do what you want.[/quote]
    Thanks, Joe! I will have to see if it can be run from a BATch file, but it doesn't seem from the documentation that this feature is included. I haven't tested on Windows 7 the one I've used for ages on XP, "Desktop Restore" (probably lots of these around with the same name!) and its program SaveDesktop.exe, but since it is dated 2002 it's unlikely.
    BATcher

Dear Diary, today the Hundred Years War started ...

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='798313' date='16-Oct-2009 03:29']Thanks, Joe! I will have to see if it can be run from a BATch file, but it doesn't seem from the documentation that this feature is included. I haven't tested on Windows 7 the one I've used for ages on XP, "Desktop Restore" (probably lots of these around with the same name!) and its program SaveDesktop.exe, but since it is dated 2002 it's unlikely.[/quote]

What you need is an updated version of PCTools. Ah, the nostalgia.