New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2000 Templates (Word 2000 SR-1)

I have read the threads about were Windows and Word 2000 store templates. I created a new template and placed it in my profile (Documents and Settingsmy accountApplication Data Microsofttemplates).
    When I work in my document using this template and make a change to the template and save it , it does not change the original template. I can how ever, open the template in a "new document" and then make and save the changes. Is this the "proper" way to make template changes???

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word 2000 Templates (Word 2000 SR-1)

Hi Rick.

Use your computer's 'Find All Files' funtion to locate the template. In Windows 9X it's 'Start button > Find > Files or Folders'. In Win Me it's 'Start button > Search'. Enter *.dot as the file name. When you find the template, right-click it and choose 'Open' instead of just clicking it to open normally. Then you can make the changes and they'll stick. ........I think.

Hope this helps
    Ruth

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word 2000 Templates (Word 2000 SR-1)

Thank you for the suggestion. I have experimented and found I can make the changes "stick" if I open and edit the template only, but I can't make a change on the "fly" (when I'm working in the document, even though I select to save it to the template.)