Lounger
    Thanks
    I would like to store document clauses in a sharepoint document library. From a Word toolbar button, I would like to display a filtered view of the document library (probably from a custom VBA form). I would like to include a button to insert the selected clause into the Word document at the point of the cursor.

I don't want to use Document Quickparts as I would like to make use of the Sharepoint security and workflow features. There are also hundreds of clauses.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction ?

Cathy

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='cathy@work' post='791084' date='27-Aug-2009 23:44']I would like to store document clauses in a sharepoint document library. From a Word toolbar button, I would like to display a filtered view of the document library (probably from a custom VBA form). I would like to include a button to insert the selected clause into the Word document at the point of the cursor.

I don't want to use Document Quickparts as I would like to make use of the Sharepoint security and workflow features. There are also hundreds of clauses.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction ?

Cathy[/quote]
    Cathy,

I can't offer any SharePoint-specific help (not having worked with it), but have done similar things with Word and document clauses stored in separate files in Windows folders, so your overall description sounds like something that should work.

Is there a specific aspect of what you've sketched out, that you're looking for help with?

Gary

Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello, I am looking for a VBA code example that displays a list of documents from a Sharepoint Library. Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='cathy@work' post='791418' date='30-Aug-2009 23:33']Hello, I am looking for a VBA code example that displays a list of documents from a Sharepoint Library. Thanks.[/quote]
    OK, I can see why this it tough to get an answer to. A quick search turns up lots of instructions for doing this with a webpart, but that's no help for VBA.
    The only possibly helpful lead I could find was from this Safari Books preview page for Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services Inside Out, by Jim Buyens, Microsoft Press, 2005:
    Creating and Using Lists in Excel

Microsoft Excel 2003 is fully capable of opening and saving files in a SharePoint library. That is, it fully supports the Shared Workspace task pane and the enhanced Open and Save As dialog boxes that earlier sections in this chapter explained.

You can directly access SharePoint libraries from other file operations as well. This includes Insert Picture, Insert File, and so forth. In addition, you can link to cells in other worksheets that reside in a SharePoint library.
    If Excel can directly access SharePoint libraries from file operations such as Open, then it might be possible to use the VBA equivalent of one of these operations, to return information about the contents of the libraries.
    Sorry can't test that further...

Gary

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Gary. I will continue my search. I expected lots of replies as I thought many people would have done this by now. Sharepoint is such a great place to store content. And Word is a great place to compile the document. I just need to pull the two together.

Cathy