5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi gang

I often need to look at my colleague's calendars, which I do via File > Open > Other user's folder. Once I've finished looking at their calendar and go back to my inbox or wherever though, I don't really need to see their calendar again - whenever I click on a date in the to-do bar calendar, or the calendar icon in the navigation pane, I want to be looking at my calendar, not the most recent "other user's" calendar that I looked at.

Is there any easy way to achieve this?
    Waggers
    If at first you do succeed, you've probably missed something.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Isn't there a check box in Other Calendars in the navigation pane on the left hand side to turn the calendar on and off?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Arrow

[quote name='HansV' post='791101' date='28-Aug-2009 10:34']Isn't there a check box in Other Calendars in the navigation pane on the left hand side to turn the calendar on and off?[/quote]
    Yes, but I tend to operate with the navigation pane minimised most of the time, so to view (just) my calendar I have to:
    • restore the navigation pane
    • scroll to my calendar and check the box to show it
    • scroll to the other user's calendar and uncheck its box
    • minimise the navigation pane

- so that's 4 clicks and sometimes two bits of scrolling through the list of calendars in the navigation pane just to see my own calendar!
    Waggers

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I keep the navigation pane visible, and simply tick the other calendar's check box if I want to see it, clear the check box if I want to hide it. The calendar will be displayed side by side with my own calendar. (Outlook 2007 also has the capability to overlay the two calendars).

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='791104' date='28-Aug-2009 11:16']I keep the navigation pane visible, and simply tick the other calendar's check box if I want to see it, clear the check box if I want to hide it. The calendar will be displayed side by side with my own calendar. (Outlook 2007 also has the capability to overlay the two calendars).[/quote]
    Yep, I guess it's a personal preference thing. Perhaps the best solution to my problem is to create a custom button on the toolbar and write the VBA to display my calendar and hide any others that are selected. A nice little Friday challenge
    Waggers