Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use Excel 2003's Record New Macro function to create Macros which I use over and over to format spreadsheets.

There are times where I need to add additional formatting to the spreadsheet, once Ive run my existing macro, and I'd like to add the new formatting as part of my existing macro (for use in the future) without redoing the entire macro.

Is there an easy method to add the new formatting to my existing personal macro?
    I do not know visual basic code, which is why the RNM function is so cool.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You could do the following:

- Start recording a new macro.
    - While recording, run the existing macro.
    - Then apply the formatting.
    - Stop recording.

The new macro will combine the old macro and the formatting.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'll give it a go...thanks!!!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Unome' post='791136' date='28-Aug-2009 09:16']I use Excel 2003's Record New Macro function to create Macros which I use over and over to format spreadsheets.

There are times where I need to add additional formatting to the spreadsheet, once Ive run my existing macro, and I'd like to add the new formatting as part of my existing macro (for use in the future) without redoing the entire macro.

Is there an easy method to add the new formatting to my existing personal macro?
    I do not know visual basic code, which is why the RNM function is so cool.[/quote]

I suggest that you send the code you currently use and what additonal formatting you want to include, as example Bold or Underline.

To copy the code:
    1. Unhide the Personal Workbook
    2. From the menu bar select Tools then Macro then Macro
    3. When Dialong Box Opens select the Macro you recorded
    4. Select the Edit Button

When the macro opens highlight the Maco and copy the data.
    Lastly paste the macro to this site.

Once you post this you will get a much faster response in the way of new code.

When you get the new code you can either copy the new code from the response back to your Macro (make sure the Personal Workbook is Unhiden) or print out the new code, and change your code to be exactly as the code in the response.

Regards,

Tom Duthie