Thanks
    In this corner we have my personal laptop (Windows XPP SP3) with Outlook 2007, and in the other corner we have my company laptop also with Windows XPP SP3 and newly installed Outlook 2007. < YEE HAA but thats a different story!
    When sending a contact from my laptop to the company laptop when it was running Outlook 2003, I always sent the contact using the Outlook Format. The reason I did this, was to prevent the category being stripped and the File As being changed.
    When sending from the company laptop to my personal laptop I did the same. All was well. Now that I have Outlook 2007 on my company laptop, I noticed that when I send a contact from it to my personal laptop in Outlook Format the contact information is sent like a message, and not as a card. If I switch to vCard format however all is well, but again the category is stripped and the File As is changed.
    Ok. Yes the categories are the same, and yes both are completely updated. Have I missed a setting somewhere along the way?
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    [quote name='t8ntlikly' post='791139' date='28-Aug-2009 06:20']Now that I have Outlook 2007 on my company laptop, I noticed that when I send a contact from it to my personal laptop in Outlook Format the contact information is sent like a message, and not as a card. If I switch to vCard format however all is well, but again the category is stripped and the File As is changed.[/quote]
    I can't help. I am surprised that forwarding a contact to a recipient outside the Exchange server ever worked for you in any version of Outlook. It has never worked for me, and someone I know at another company is constantly sending me those useless "envelopes." Welcome to my world!

Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='791197' date='28-Aug-2009 11:55']I can't help. I am surprised that forwarding a contact to a recipient outside the Exchange server ever worked for you in any version of Outlook. It has never worked for me, and someone I know at another company is constantly sending me those useless "envelopes." Welcome to my world![/quote]

My version of Outlook 2003 kept crashing so I made my case to use me as tester for Office '07 before they roll it out. Guess that I will run this one by them, since it didn't occur in Outlook '03.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)