New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi I'm new here and have a serious problem when printing using my HP C7280 and Word 97

When I go to print and tell it to print multiple pages the document i'm printing from closes down and I have to relaunch it to do anything with it. The only way to print at all is to click on the print icon in the tool bar and if I want more than 1 copy to click multiple times. As you can imagine this can be a pain.

Here's what I have done so far - uninstalled and reinstalled both word 97 and my printer (worked for a few minutes then back to the same problem) please help, I have my own business and this is taking up a lot of my time and money

Thank you in advance
    Dawn

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the Lounge!

I have moved your question to the Word forum since it's specific to Word.

Take a look at the troubleshooting steps in Phil Rabichow's Systematic Approach to behavioral Problems in Word.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This is a weird problem. I don't know the answer. But some more info might be helpful. Are you having the problem only with Word? Do other software programs print OK? Are all documents affected? Is the problem just with this printer? What is your operating system? Was everything working and then the problem started to appear? Or has this printer/system not worked from the beginning? Have you tried downloading a newer printer driver? Is the problem caused by printing specific pages of your document or multiple copies of your document? Does MS Word shut down or just a document shut down? What exactly happens? When you print is the print option (check box) "collate" checked? Can you print part of your document, say the first half and then the second half?
    J. Till