Lounger
    Thanks
    [attachment=85313:Woodys1.png]
    [attachment=85312:Woodys2.png]

Hi all,

Is anyone able to assist with building a cascading folders/files/subfolders/files strucuture- the same as in WOPR 2003 toolbar addin but for Ribbon 2007 (XML/VBA) not VSTO. Not just adding the 2003 structure (hand coded at present) but dynamically loading same as WOPR 2003 toolbar.

Has anyone actually done a cascading structure higher than files 1st level does anyone know in 2007 Ribbon vba/xml ribbon addin? Hans, what do you think please?

(list all folders and cascading folders and documents)

General Templates Recruit Templates (foler)
    Knowledge Templates
    HR Templates Performance Review Templates (foler) Performance Guidance (folder) Performance Review Enablers (file)
    Board Templates
    Public Templates

I can list 1st level files only dynamically but not folders/sub folders cascading structure. Happy to attach a template if anyone is interested in building this.

OR of you would like to offer a demo locked template (dotm) as an example for a job quote please let me know with time frame and quote for the job in strict confidence and via email below. Hope that is okay Hans don't want to breach the forum etiquette.

janine@exemail.com.au for more info.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    [quote name='jec1' post='791331' date='29-Aug-2009 18:53']Is anyone able to assist with building a cascading folders/files/subfolders/files strucuture- the same as in WOPR 2003 toolbar addin but for Ribbon 2007 (XML/VBA) not VSTO. Not just adding the 2003 structure (hand coded at present) but dynamically loading same as WOPR 2003 toolbar.[/quote]
    You're looking for a "native" ribbon control, rather than an old-style toolbar that appears on the Add-ins tab?

Lounger
    Thanks
    [attachment=85314:Menu.png]

[quote name='jscher2000' post='791335' date='30-Aug-2009 04:37']You're looking for a "native" ribbon control, rather than an old-style toolbar that appears on the Add-ins tab?[/quote]
    Yes. I do Ribbon Addins (Groups/Tabs with Macros XML/VBA) simple stuff compared to this. The client has built a cascading file structure (so if they had a folder or file they add it to the vba code with document add.

I have a dynamic menu example I use from RIbbonX-I can post the code but it is freely available which will list all FILES in Workgroup (or Usergroup) templates. But that is not FOLDERS/FILES tree structure cascading. As I said have you ever used the WOPR Toolbar Addin (that's the only place I've seen an automated menu structure.

Is there a native ribbon control? I can find nothing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Janine, you mentioned my name, but I don't have Office 2007 and I have no experience whatsoever with ribbon development. Sorry!

Lounger
    Thanks

[quote name='HansV' post='791342' date='30-Aug-2009 18:46']Janine, you mentioned my name, but I don't have Office 2007 and I have no experience whatsoever with ribbon development. Sorry![/quote]
    Hans, you always have answers for almost everything. A compliment.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='jec1' post='791331' date='30-Aug-2009 11:53']I can list 1st level files only dynamically but not folders/sub folders cascading structure. Happy to attach a template if anyone is interested in building this.[/quote]
    Janine, can you attach the template you have so far? We can have a look and try to help you get this project done.
    Andrew Lockton, Chrysalis Design, Melbourne Australia

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Andrew Lockton' post='791419' date='31-Aug-2009 14:14']Janine, can you attach the template you have so far? We can have a look and try to help you get this project done.[/quote]
    Andrew, you are game - thank you.

It can be done Ken Puls says the file hierachy can be used for this dynamic menu building - there is no built-in control by MS - they prebuilt the ribbon and didn't put one in. I'll put up my basic tempate.

I'll post the start template this evening Andrew and any push in the right direction would be appreciated.

Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jec1' post='791423' date='31-Aug-2009 16:37']Andrew, you are game - thank you.

It can be done Ken Puls says the file hierachy can be used for this dynamic menu building - there is no built-in control by MS - they prebuilt the ribbon and didn't put one in. I'll put up my basic tempate.

I'll post the start template this evening Andrew and any push in the right direction would be appreciated.[/quote]

Addendum: It will be a couple of days Andrew I've got a little more research to do.