Thread: Internet Maps

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Does anyone know or have read anything about how often Google updates their maps? I know they have their street view in some locations, but I OFTEN go to other places because of scenes like the following which I know to probably be about 10 years old:

Google:
    [attachment=85329:Map_Google_Maps.jpg]

Flash Earth:
    [attachment=85330:Map_Flash_Earth.jpg]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    According to About Google Earth Imagery | Google Earth Blog, "most of the high resolution imagery is between 6 months and 5 years of age". That's not very specific, is it?

Up to 2006, Google Maps/Earth satellite images were updated frequently in my experience; since that time development seems to be focused on Street View and the like and not so much on the satellite images.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Yeah, it got a little embarrassing for me recently. I was trying to give a visitor some instructions prior to his arrival by car. The place here in town where I wanted to guide him showed up as empty lot and farm land, which it hasn't been for a long time. Thanks to Flash Earth I was able to send him a better shot.

Street view is a nice feature but I wish Google would get back to basics... Hmmm...

Thanks
    [quote name='Bigaldoc' post='791487' date='31-Aug-2009 16:03']Street view is a nice feature but I wish Google would get back to basics... Hmmm...[/quote]
    You mean like Searching?
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...