5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [Outlook 2003] Suddenly I can not click on the Contact button on the lower left side of the frame where there are buttons for Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Folder List. Clicking on each of these buttons brings up the expected result in the right pane, except for Contacts. When I click on the Contacts button, I see in the right pane not my Contacts, but what ever I had last viewed, e.g. In-Box, Calendar, or Tasks. If I click on the last button, "Folder List", all of my folders are revealed in the upper part of this left frame. When I click on Contacts I can see my Contact in the right frame. I ran Scan.pst to try and correct the problem. It did not.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='jimhaynes' post='791552' date='31-Aug-2009 13:42'][Outlook 2003] Suddenly I can not click on the Contact button on the lower left side of the frame where there are buttons for Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Folder List. Clicking on each of these buttons brings up the expected result in the right pane, except for Contacts. When I click on the Contacts button, I see in the right pane not my Contacts, but what ever I had last viewed, e.g. In-Box, Calendar, or Tasks. If I click on the last button, "Folder List", all of my folders are revealed in the upper part of this left frame. When I click on Contacts I can see my Contact in the right frame. I ran Scan.pst to try and correct the problem. It did not.[/quote]

In Outlook, try Help | Detect and Repair.

Joe
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Joe - I fixed it by right clicking on the Contacts folder and adding it to Favorites. Not sure what removed it but that problem is solved

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jimhaynes' post='791552' date='31-Aug-2009 12:42'][Outlook 2003]When I click on the Contacts button, I see in the right pane not my Contacts, but what ever I had last viewed, e.g. In-Box, Calendar, or Tasks. If I click on the last button, "Folder List", all of my folders are revealed in the upper part of this left frame. When I click on Contacts I can see my Contact in the right frame.[/quote]
    Jim, what happens when you right click the Icon and select "Open in New Window"?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS