Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I have a database built by someone else in version 2000. They are now running Access 2007 on some machines and 2000 on others. When they open a report in 2007 they are being prompted for a date parameter value that for the life of me I can't find where its referring to. The kicker is that the 2000 version does not do this. As long as a date is entered, regardless of what the date is, the report opens fine, otherwise, it has errors. Before I spend more time trouble shooting I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on this. I've checked for filters etc. and nothing is different.

Thanks,
    Leesha

Thanks
    Have you checked Grouping and Sorting and conditional formatting? These odd parameter prompts can hide away there sometimes (though I cannot see why the Access version should make a difference).
    Steve H
    IT Lecturer/Access Developer
    O2K SR3/O2010; Win7Pro

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Leesha' post='791717' date='02-Sep-2009 07:07']Hi,
    I have a database built by someone else in version 2000. They are now running Access 2007 on some machines and 2000 on others. When they open a report in 2007 they are being prompted for a date parameter value that for the life of me I can't find where its referring to. The kicker is that the 2000 version does not do this. As long as a date is entered, regardless of what the date is, the report opens fine, otherwise, it has errors. Before I spend more time trouble shooting I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on this. I've checked for filters etc. and nothing is different.

Thanks,
    Leesha[/quote]
    I have no idea if this will make a difference, but, are your Service Packs up to date?

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I totally forgot to check these and although there are sorts set, none of them are for [date entered]. I did find the table that has this field however it is not in the query for the data in the report. I did not when I reopened the DB in 2000 that there was a filter on [date entered] in the properties. I removed it but will have to go back on site to see if that affects anything since I don't have 2007 on my computer.
    Thanks!
    Leesha

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Pat,

Good point, I'll check this when I go back on site.

Leesha