New Lounger
    Thanks

Thumbs up

I have a few forms and a few users who have recently had this problem, a form will print with only the outlines of the text boxes, but not the data on the default printer, but prints fine on another printer. The attachement is a scan of the same form printed from the same computer. The HP printer has not text, but the Sharp printer is correct. Several other forms from the same database print fine on the HP printer, and the HP prints everything else correctly (Word, Excel, photos, etc.) Any ideas would be appreciated, because I have not been able to figure this one out yet.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    In order to assist you we would need to know why kind of HP printer you have (Model Number, memory, and the Windows driver being used), and a small database containing just the report so we can see what fonts are being used. Most often this sort of thing results from using a non-TrueType font where that font does not exist on the printer, but there are a myriad of other possibilites - printing reports is one of the most trouble prone aspects of Access.
    Wendell

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Wendell,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the fonts and found that the form which will print and the one that won't print on my printer are both the same font, it was not a TrueType, so I changed to one that was TT, but it didn't fix the problem.

Printer that is currently working only for some reports is HP ColorLaserJet 2600n. I normally print in greyscale, so I tried printing in color and the form is readable in color. If I change the text color to Red then the text prints but the boxes do not print.

If you want to test on your system, when you open the database, from the main switchboard, choose reports, there are two views, one that says "In House" prints fine on all printers, one that says "Individual Report" only prints on some printers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I'm not familiar with the HP 2600, but I do have an HP 3600 and they are notorious for running out of color toner - is it possible that the yellow or cyan toner is actually being used in the greyscale mode? I think there may be a diagnostic test you can run that will give you an indication as to what the issue might be. At this point I would focus on the printer itself.
    Wendell