Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Access 2003 SP3

I have a database that I want to export over 200 tables from. Output would be a pipe delimited text file with field names. Due to data, I can't use comma-quote delimiters.

I was initially going to use transfertext and loop using the AllTables object. However in testing and reading the posts I see I can't specify the delimiter or would have to have a transfer spec for each of the over 200 tables. Sorta defeats the purpose of looping through the objects.

Anyone have a more generic approach to this?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='wejones' post='791860' date='03-Sep-2009 04:53']Access 2003 SP3

I have a database that I want to export over 200 tables from. Output would be a pipe delimited text file with field names. Due to data, I can't use comma-quote delimiters.

I was initially going to use transfertext and loop using the AllTables object. However in testing and reading the posts I see I can't specify the delimiter or would have to have a transfer spec for each of the over 200 tables. Sorta defeats the purpose of looping through the objects.

Anyone have a more generic approach to this?[/quote]
    I don't know what you want to do with the output but if the problem is just that the fields contain commas, then why not export to XML?

OR use comma delimited but with double quotes containg the data. eg

"If you can, put commas in the field","With double quotes, there's no problem"