Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Is it possible to set a Project Explorer Preference with VBA? Depending upon which version of Excel the User has, I would like to set the appropriate MSoft Outlook Library Object.

Thanks,
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jstevens' post='791899' date='03-Sep-2009 01:05']Is it possible to set a Project Explorer Preference with VBA? Depending upon which version of Excel the User has, I would like to set the appropriate MSoft Outlook Library Object.

Thanks,
    John[/quote]
    I think that you just need to set a reference to the earlier version, when the file is opened in the newer version it should automatically update.

Thanks
    Although you can set references using VBA, it's probably easier just to late bind if you have to support multiple versions.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='rory' post='791943' date='03-Sep-2009 01:25']Although you can set references using VBA, it's probably easier just to late bind if you have to support multiple versions.[/quote]

Rory,

I'm not sure what you mean by "late bind".

Regards,
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jstevens' post='792023' date='03-Sep-2009 21:47']I'm not sure what you mean by "late bind".[/quote]
    When you use late binding you declare all objects as type object and you use numbers instead of symbolic constants. Late binding does not need a reference to the object library.

When you use early binding you must set a reference to the object library, but then you can use symbolic constants such as wdColorBlack or wdPageBreak. VBA can also help you with "intellisense" because it knows about the objects you are dealing with.

A search on google showed lots of helpful articles, including this one.