Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a number of Scheduled Tasks that stopped working. Viewing the log file (Advance>View Log File), I find references to an "invalid path". The Scheduled Tasks open Excel files which run some code. Other than this, not much to it.

I'm not sure why the invalid path reference is coming up. I have used the "browse" button to select the file but still get the error.

Thanks for your advice,
    John

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='jstevens' post='791924' date='02-Sep-2009 23:00']I have a number of Scheduled Tasks that stopped working. Viewing the log file (Advance>View Log File), I find references to an "invalid path". The Scheduled Tasks open Excel files which run some code. Other than this, not much to it.

I'm not sure why the invalid path reference is coming up. I have used the "browse" button to select the file but still get the error.[/quote]

"Browse" button in what product?

Can you find the file(s) with Windows Explorer? Were any access permissions changed on the folder or files that are being used? Was the account for the scheduled task changed?

Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I found the issue with the Scheduled Tasks failing. It is related to the drive mapping where the Schedule Task envokes Excel to open Excel files. There is a generic service account that runs the Scheduled Tasks when Users are logged off the server.

The task points to an Excel file in a mapped drive. To keep this post short, the drive letter was swapped out with the UNC of the server and all things are good.

Regards,
    John

Administrator
    Thanks
    [quote name='jstevens' post='792886' date='10-Sep-2009 15:03']I found the issue with the Scheduled Tasks failing. It is related to the drive mapping where the Schedule Task envokes Excel to open Excel files. There is a generic service account that runs the Scheduled Tasks when Users are logged off the server.

The task points to an Excel file in a mapped drive. To keep this post short, the drive letter was swapped out with the UNC of the server and all things are good.

Regards,
    John[/quote]

Good news. Thanks for posting back.

Joe