Thanks
    I have been asked to remove all traces of Outlook from my Windows 2003 server to enable a specific Exchange Mailbox backup program to work.

At one point Office 10=2002=XP (and possibly 8) seems to have been installed on the server, but before my time it was removed. However, there seem to be residual registry entries which seem to cause problems to the backup program, so I wonder whether there is any foolproof method of removing just those Outlook-related entries which were added by the installation of Office 10. The matter isn't helped by the plethora of registry entries relating to Outlook Express, which I presume should be left well alone.

Thanks!
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You could try using Procmon from sysinternals to see what registry entries your backup program is looking for.

Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='791948' date='03-Sep-2009 09:49']You could try using Procmon from sysinternals to see what registry entries your backup program is looking for.[/quote]
    Sounds like a good idea, but the usual difficulty is the enormous volume of data that gets produced... I will suggest it to the developer! Thanks!
    BATcher

Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='791955' date='03-Sep-2009 10:20']Sounds like a good idea, but the usual difficulty is the enormous volume of data that gets produced... I will suggest it to the developer! Thanks![/quote]
    I've done it, and the output is 70 MB, which conveniently ZIPs down to 10 MB for email transmission. We Shall See if the developer finds it of interest!
    BATcher

Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='791957' date='03-Sep-2009 10:58'][/quote]
    I've also used the Office 2003 Resource Kit 'Removal Tool' Wizard, to remove all files from previous versions of Office - such as 2002=XP. It got rid of some obscure files, but showed no sign of messing with the registry.
    BATcher

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='BATcher' post='791957' date='03-Sep-2009 03:58']I've done it, and the output is 70 MB, which conveniently ZIPs down to 10 MB for email transmission. We Shall See if the developer finds it of interest![/quote]
    How about RegMon, with a filter applied - will that be of any use?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='JohnBF' post='792021' date='03-Sep-2009 21:28']How about RegMon, with a filter applied - will that be of any use?[/quote]
    I believe that RegMon has been superseded by Procmon.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='792024' date='03-Sep-2009 14:56']I believe that RegMon has been superseded by Procmon.[/quote]
    Oops, I guess I need to catch up! Thanks, Stuart.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS