2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm trying to do some totals per person with a query and not having luck (summary report). I have Grouped By Person in the first column. In the second column OriginalDate and count below. This works returning the number of records that are not null for each person. I then need to add a third column counting Tanks (yes/no field) for each person. So I add Tanks and count below. For some reason it gives the same totals for OriginalData and Tanks but they should be different. Not sure how to do tackle this summary query. I also a bunch more columns to add. Hope this make sense. Thanks in advance.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='sarnelli' post='792153' date='04-Sep-2009 11:15']I'm trying to do some totals per person with a query and not having luck (summary report). I have Grouped By Person in the first column. In the second column OriginalDate and count below. This works returning the number of records that are not null for each person. I then need to add a third column counting Tanks (yes/no field) for each person. So I add Tanks and count below. For some reason it gives the same totals for OriginalData and Tanks but they should be different. Not sure how to do tackle this summary query. I also a bunch more columns to add. Hope this make sense. Thanks in advance.[/quote]
    Sorry, but I found it a bit confusing. For examplle, you said " In the second column OriginalDate and count below", so I don't know if you are trying to do a totals query or get totals in the footer section of a report. Whichever it is, an example of what you have so far would help.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    If you want to count the number of records for which Tanks is Yes, create a calculated column:

NumberOfTanks: Abs(Sum([Tanks]))

and set its Total option to Expression.