2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    HI,
    I have a client who has documents that are sent to the state. These documents have to have a signature. In the past I just took a Jpeg of the persons signature and placed it on the document. The said document was printed out of a MDE. Now the person who's signature was on the document, no longer works there. The client would like to have the ability to have more than one signature available for signature document printing. The client would like to be able to select the signature wanted at run time. The coded is written in Access 2003. Need HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sarge

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Sarge' post='792234' date='05-Sep-2009 18:29']HI,
    I have a client who has documents that are sent to the state. These documents have to have a signature. In the past I just took a Jpeg of the persons signature and placed it on the document. The said document was printed out of a MDE. Now the person who's signature was on the document, no longer works there. The client would like to have the ability to have more than one signature available for signature document printing. The client would like to be able to select the signature wanted at run time. The coded is written in Access 2003. Need HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sarge[/quote]
    Why not have 2 (or more) different documents?

Do you use Word automation in Access to create the document?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Sarge' post='792234' date='05-Sep-2009 02:29']HI,
    Sarge[/quote]
    There are a couple of ways to make this happen.

One way is to link to the signature JPG from the Document in question. Assuming each user has a copy of the frontend, put this signature file in the same directory and give it some sort of common name; perhaps something like CurrentSignature.jpg would be easy. All the available signature files could be in a central location. On the prep form for printing that document, the user selects which signature to use, and that signature is then copied into the CurrentSignature.jpg file.

Or, you might want to change the link file name in the report's Open event (based on the user's selection). This will only work if your document is an Access report.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    As Mark suggests, the easiest way to accomplish this is to link an image control to the file. We have an application where we do that sort of thing, with the requirement that the signature being used is determined by a date in the record that controls the generation of a certificate. So we use a table that contains the path to the signature file, and the date range where it should be used, and the signature changes from page to page. You could also do the same thing based on the current user, assuming that you have Access User Security active. All this presumes you are using an Access report, as Mark also notes.
    Wendell