Thanks
    I operate under XPPro-SP-3. I use Word 2000 (9.0.6926 SP-3)

I once had access to the TrueType font, Lucida Calligraphy, in Word. It is missing on my new machine. If I open an old document containing this font and resave it under a new name, I can replace the text in paragraphs composed in the font and it displays on the screen and prints just fine. In a paragraph composed in the font, the name shows in the font box in the toolbar in Word. However, the font is not in the drop-down menu for fonts in Word.

I saved the contents of my old HDDs on a 500 GB storage drive on the new machine. Today I found the font and copied it to C:\Windows\Fonts. The filename I found is LCALLIG.TTF. It is dated 10/27/99.

I still do not see the font in Word, even after rebooting the machine. Do I need to do something else to make it available in Word? I could not find anything in Word Help that appeared germane, but I may have chosen the wrong search terms.

Thanks,

baumgrenze
    Baumgrenze
    Hier sind wir tief eingewurzelt.

Thanks
    [quote name='baumgrenze' post='792303' date='06-Sep-2009 14:46']I operate under XPPro-SP-3. I use Word 2000 (9.0.6926 SP-3)

I once had access to the TrueType font, Lucida Calligraphy, in Word. It is missing on my new machine. If I open an old document containing this font and resave it under a new name, I can replace the text in paragraphs composed in the font and it displays on the screen and prints just fine. In a paragraph composed in the font, the name shows in the font box in the toolbar in Word. However, the font is not in the drop-down menu for fonts in Word.

I saved the contents of my old HDDs on a 500 GB storage drive on the new machine. Today I found the font and copied it to C:\Windows\Fonts. The filename I found is LCALLIG.TTF. It is dated 10/27/99.

I still do not see the font in Word, even after rebooting the machine. Do I need to do something else to make it available in Word? I could not find anything in Word Help that appeared germane, but I may have chosen the wrong search terms.

Thanks,

baumgrenze[/quote]
    Go to Control Panel, under File you will find
    Install new font as per the attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thank you E_OGRADY!

It all worked just as you described. Would that I could have easily learned about this using a Help file in Office.

baumgrenze

[quote name='E_OGRADY' post='792304' date='06-Sep-2009 04:59']Go to Control Panel, under File you will find
    Install new font as per the attachment[/quote]
    Baumgrenze
    Hier sind wir tief eingewurzelt.

Thanks
    [quote name='baumgrenze' post='792348' date='06-Sep-2009 21:18']Thank you E_OGRADY!

Would that I could have easily learned about this using a Help file in Office.

baumgrenze[/quote]
    I'm glad the Lounge could help you out. The reason why you didn't get much help from the Office help files, though, is that installing fonts is a Windows thing, not just an Office thing. You'll find that the font is now available in any program, not just the Office ones.

Ian