5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I converted from OE to Windows Live Mail on my wife's PC and now I can't find an address book anywhere! If I type a familiar name in the To line the proper address will pop up but I don't know where it is coming from -- a couple of old addresses that need to be deleted are also coming up.

In the installation process of WLM I let it go ahead and import from Outlook Express. There didn't seem to be any choice on my part as to what was being imported so I assumed that the address book was included. Can someone explain the situation to me?

Thanks,
    Bill

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Doesn't anyone know what Address Book is used by Windows Live Mail on a PC running Win XP Pro?

Several people here have suggested over the past several months that I should upgrade to Windows Live Mail. Surely, someone here must know what Address Book is used!

I'll really appreciate a reply.

Bill

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    [quote name='BillWilson' post='792721' date='09-Sep-2009 14:44']Doesn't anyone know what Address Book is used by Windows Live Mail on a PC running Win XP Pro?

Several people here have suggested over the past several months that I should upgrade to Windows Live Mail. Surely, someone here must know what Address Book is used![/quote]

Isn't it imported into Contacts?

Joe
    Joe

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    On my Windows 7 RC machine the contact folder is under "Users/"user Name"/Contacts/".

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='joeperez' post='792723' date='09-Sep-2009 15:55']Isn't it imported into Contacts?
    Joe[/quote]
    Ohhhh! I had forgotten about the name "Contacts" instead of Address Book. After going into Help with that name I found the little icon near the lower left corner of the screen. That seems to be about the only way to get to the Contacts list.

The address book was imported into the Contacts list so we are in good shape now.

Thanks,
    Bill

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='DaveA' post='792752' date='09-Sep-2009 22:57']On my Windows 7 RC machine the contact folder is under "Users/"user Name"/Contacts/".[/quote]
    Now that I know that the addresses are there in the Contacts list, Dave, your message reminded me to look for the file and make sure it is included in my regular backup. I haven't done that yet but I will do it today.

Thanks,
    Bill