Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    In Word 2007 we dont need the menu "Recent Documents"

in the settings I know how to remove and clear the Recent Documents List, goto Office button, Word Options, click Advanced, Show this number of Recent Documents - change to 0.

However in older versions of Office, if hte MRU was set to zero the menu wouldnt display at all.
    in 2007 does anyone know how to remove the menu "Recent Documents". This also needs to apply to the other office apps ie Excel, Powerpoint

diana
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    [quote name='Diana' post='792399' date='07-Sep-2009 07:46']In Word 2007 we dont need the menu "Recent Documents"

in the settings I know how to remove and clear the Recent Documents List, goto Office button, Word Options, click Advanced, Show this number of Recent Documents - change to 0.

However in older versions of Office, if hte MRU was set to zero the menu wouldnt display at all.
    in 2007 does anyone know how to remove the menu "Recent Documents". This also needs to apply to the other office apps ie Excel, Powerpoint

diana[/quote]
    A lot of sites have advice that amounts to reducing the count to zero, which as you have noted, leaves a blank list.

This site http://www.dailyonlinetips.com/how-to-disa...ft-office-2007/ though has advice about a registry edit that might be what you are looking for.

Ian

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Many thanks Ian

i know how to change the MRU list to zero, both in the Word Options settings, and the related registry key.

If my MRU is zero, then there is no need to display the actual menu "Recent Documents".

Having some afterthought last night, the menu "Recent Documents" maynot be removeable, due to Microsofts design of the buttons Word Options and Exit Word.

diana