2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

File Conversion Wizard (2000)

In my 97 SR2 version of excel, I had a 'File conversion wizard'. I don't seem to have one for 2000. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: File Conversion Wizard (2000)

File Conversion Wizard is an Addin. If you had the add-in selected, you may have had this menu option available.

You'll need to have the add-in selected in 2000 too, under Tools-Addins.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I checked the add-ins list & it wasn't there. The wonderful 'help' pointed me to the office 2000 resource kit on the MS website, but i just got lost.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Look, I don't know if it will work. This is all I could find:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,3825,00.asp>http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_desc...fid,3825,00.asp</A>

The thing is, perhaps you don't need it anymore. Perhaps the task you want to perform is built in. What are you doing?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I think now you would be better off asking someone to right you a bit of code that will go through a folder and do this automatically.

I may have access to code like that and I'll look around, but you may want to repost your question with "Macro to automate converting dBase to Excel" as the title.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I regularly have to convert a lot of Visual dBASE files to Excel. It just saves me having to open up all the dbf's in excel and repeatly do 'save as'. I've recently been upgraded to the 2000 suite & the conversion wizard wasn't an option. The one you pointed to appears to be for '97 - do you know if there would be any compatibility issues?

Dreamboat - just tested the site you pointed to @ PC World. It went through the correct processes but had a compile error at the end. I took FILECONVA.xla from a colleagues PC who was using '97 & it worked fine - bizarre!!

Thanks for your help though.