New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am trying to effieciently create user friendly graphs using a pivot table with formulas to obtain cumulative trendlines of budget and actual. Attached is a sample of the source data and desired outcome with the attempt at the pivot table. Any assistance on how to change the pivot table to achieve the grapic would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='fraser' post='792442' date='07-Sep-2009 12:45']I am trying to effieciently create user friendly graphs using a pivot table with formulas to obtain cumulative trendlines of budget and actual. Attached is a sample of the source data and desired outcome with the attempt at the pivot table. Any assistance on how to change the pivot table to achieve the grapic would be appreciated. Thank you.[/quote]

I am not completely sure of what you want.

First, Pivot Tables allow users to make a Pivot Table with a Chart. In other words by using the Pivot Table Wizard you can create a Pivot Table and Chart with one action. That is what the attached workbook has done.

The Chart has Field Buttons. Those buttons have drop down boxes. By Selecting the data you want the Chart will change.

If what you desire is a Pivot Table that Charts cumulative amounts that would be a differnt Table and Chart. By example

Jan Actual 7
    Feb Acutal 4
    March Acutal 5

And you want to chart

Jan 7
    Jan - Feb 11
    Jan - Mar 16

The attached does not show that result.

I hope tha attached helps.

Regards,

Tom Duthie
    Attached Files Attached Files