Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Can I run Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student Edition on a Netbook? It is advisable? If not, what should I use?

I have Office XP on a computer I'm getting rid of, but it's an upgrade and I can't find the Product Code for the very old version that I must load first. And then why do I want to load an extra version of Office? I'd like to run XP, but how?

I also have a version of Works that includes Word 2002 that would be fine, but I have loaded it on another computer. I'd be glad to take it off because my husband probably won't ever use it, but I don't guess they allow that. I'm getting frustrated.

So, should I buy office 2007 for my netbook? I mostly want Word.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1011 Netbook with 1024 RAM, 1.60 G Intel Aotm processor running XP Home with 1.09 G usable hard drive. 92.15 G free.

Thanks.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Yes, you can run 2007 on any new machine. Since it is a NetBook, if it does NOT have a CD player/burner in it, there is a Microsoft web page that you can down load and install from. It will require that you have the KEY code for the downloaded product. You should see the webpage on the side of the plastic box.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    [quote name='Reva' post='792465' date='07-Sep-2009 17:05']So, should I buy office 2007 for my netbook? I mostly want Word.[/quote]
    Although Word might be available separately, the Home and Student suite has been heavily discounted recently for "back to school," so it's probably a better buy.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='792471' date='08-Sep-2009 00:47']Although Word might be available separately, the Home and Student suite has been heavily discounted recently for "back to school," so it's probably a better buy.[/quote]

Thanks to all.

Thanks
    I installed Office 2000 on an Asus netbook by copying the installation CD contents to a USB thumb drive, and was able to copy from the thumb drive to the hard drive and then install from the HD. Everything worked fine. However, you have to change the folder options to show hidden files to be certain of copying all the files from the install CD. I have not tried this with Office 2007, but it should work just as well.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill