2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have several people with editor permission to a calendar they all look at and can put appointments in. They work in a call centre managing appointments for contractors. They may all be looking at the diary at the same time and it may look as if 10 o'clock is free. therefore they all may try to book an appointment at that time. This will work and 4 appointments may appear at 10. but there is only one contractor and we only want 1 appointment to appear at that time.

I have tried creating it a meeting (with no invitees) and when the call comes adding necessary info to the subject and changing the show time as to out of office or busy. However it seems to take a while for the appointment to appear on the other persons screen (about 30 seconds - but that is too long as 2 peopel may have booked the appointment with the customer.

Any ideas what i could do.

They are still on exchange 2003.

Thanks

Michelle

Thanks
    [quote name='meames' post='792507' date='08-Sep-2009 04:23']They may all be looking at the diary at the same time and it may look as if 10 o'clock is free. therefore they all may try to book an appointment at that time. This will work and 4 appointments may appear at 10. but there is only one contractor and we only want 1 appointment to appear at that time.[/quote]
    I think this is a limitation of the design of Exchange Server. Unlike, say, an application for selling seats at a concert, where a piece of inventory can be grabbed and held pending completion of a transaction, the calendar is very flexible because in most cases a user may want to be able to choose among multiple conflicting appointments. Perhaps there is an add-on that builds locking capability into Exchange?