5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Will someone please have a look at the tblLog Query2, in the attatched database. I can't see what's wrong (there's obviously something). I'm trying to get option criteria to work ie, if no criteria is entered, all records are shown. If I enter a start and end date, just those records are shown. It works perfectly if I remove the criteria the date field in the query.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='robm' post='792512' date='08-Sep-2009 08:53']Will someone please have a look at the tblLog Query2, in the attatched database. I can't see what's wrong (there's obviously something). I'm trying to get option criteria to work ie, if no criteria is entered, all records are shown. If I enter a start and end date, just those records are shown. It works perfectly if I remove the criteria the date field in the query.[/quote]
    You might want to revisit the selection criteria for Log_date in your query. It is: "<[Start Date] And >=[End Date]"

Which means you want a log_date that is before [Start Date] and on/after [End Date]! I don't think that is what you had in mind.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Try this
    (>[Start Date] And <=[End Date]) Or ([Start Date] Is Null)

Note I have reversed the < and > signs.

You can also remove the Expr 1, 2 3 4 fields at the end.

This would be much more user friendly if the parameters were entered from a form with combo boxes on it.
    Regards
    John

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks both. I did realize after, that my <> symbols were the wrong way round. I had tried both ways. Thanks John, your method works. How would I use combo boxes on a form to run the query? Would I have to have another table?

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Have a look at the attachment.
    The combo boxes for Part No and IWO no need access to a list of possible values. I have got them from tblDetails, but if there was another list of possible values somewhere else you could use that.
    The query replaces the parameter prompts with reference to the form controls.
    I have also replaced < and > with between ... and. Either way is OK.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards
    John

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks John. I adapted the form to open up a report, which ran from the query. The form stayed on top of the report, so I put code in the form to Minimize, and code in the report, to Restore the form on close. Excellent, thanks again. I also now have an understanding of how to input data into a query, in a more user friendly way.