2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In the past I could log on to the internet either by clicking on the E icon or the internet provider's Icon (AT&T). Now I can only logon to the internet by using the internet provider's icon....If I click on the E icon, the brower's page will not come up fully and when using Task Manager it gives me the message that Internet Explorer is not responding

Does anyone have any idea on how I can get Internet Explorer back to where it responds correctly when I click on the E icon also? I use it to direct me to different home page as well as other uses. I have scanned my computer with Trend Micro Pro and also the Microsoft Malicious software tool, but neither of them show any problems...thanks, John

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='JohnL' post='792671' date='09-Sep-2009 06:34']In the past I could log on to the internet either by clicking on the E icon or the internet provider's Icon (AT&T). Now I can only logon to the internet by using the internet provider's icon....If I click on the E icon, the brower's page will not come up fully and when using Task Manager it gives me the message that Internet Explorer is not responding

Does anyone have any idea on how I can get Internet Explorer back to where it responds correctly when I click on the E icon also? I use it to direct me to different home page as well as other uses. I have scanned my computer with Trend Micro Pro and also the Microsoft Malicious software tool, but neither of them show any problems...thanks, John[/quote]

Have you tried changing the home page to a different site?

Have you tried about:blank as the home page?

Have you tried running IE without any addons?

Is your system up-to-date with patches?

Joe
    Joe