Thread: Exchange rates

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Good afternoon

I am making a type of dashboard that involves values in but I wonder if it is possible to have another couple of cells with Francs and Euro rates of exchange on them which would open and update via the web when the workbook was opened so that I could do live daily conversions.

Has anybody done anything similar to point me on my way?
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    You could add a webquery to your sheet, e.g. using this url: http://www.thomasexchangeglobal.co.uk/exchange1.php
    And use the data of that page to do the calcs.
    Jan Karel Pieterse
    Microsoft Excel MVP, WMVP
    www.jkp-ads.com
    Professional Office Developers Association

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='pieterse' post='792788' date='10-Sep-2009 12:56']You could add a webquery to your sheet, e.g. using this url: http://www.thomasexchangeglobal.co.uk/exchange1.php
    And use the data of that page to do the calcs.[/quote]
    Thanks Jan Karel

I will give this ago, my powers of 'Google' must have left me
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='stevehocking' post='792796' date='10-Sep-2009 14:22']Thanks Jan Karel

I will give this ago, my powers of 'Google' must have left me[/quote]

Following Jan Karel's excelent advice I made my first web query at work and it worked fine, everytime I opened the WB it updated the table and subsequently worked in my currency calculations.

I saved the WB to my memory stick to work on at home but the little refresh widget malarky has disappeared, 3 questions please

1. How can I open it again
    2. How can I have it open whenever the WB opens instead of manually open it, and most preferable
    3. Could I make my own button "Refresh rates" for example so I could hide the standard wizard and make my WB look cleverer (?more clever)
    Cheers

Steve

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='stevehocking' post='793016' date='11-Sep-2009 18:46']Following Jan Karel's excelent advice I made my first web query at work and it worked fine, everytime I opened the WB it updated the table and subsequently worked in my currency calculations.

I saved the WB to my memory stick to work on at home but the little refresh widget malarky has disappeared, 3 questions please

1. How can I open it again
    2. How can I have it open whenever the WB opens instead of manually open it, and most preferable
    3. Could I make my own button "Refresh rates" for example so I could hide the standard wizard and make my WB look cleverer (?more clever)[/quote]

Hi all

I have 'kind of' sorted it by recording a macro and assigning it to a button

Thanks
    Cheers

Steve