3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In Adobe Acrobat 5.0.5, that I have seldom used, I am opening PDFs from a third party source, rotating the pages by 90 degrees from a landscape to portrait mode and using `Save as' saving the pages with a new name. However I am not achieving the aim of the exercise as the new files when opened are still in landscape mode.

Am I wrong to expect my aim to be achievable? Assistance would be much appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Adobe Acobat can certainly do this, but Acrobat 5 is so old that it is unlikely you will find support for it any more. I can confirm that it definitely works using Acrobat 8, and I am pretty sure I used to do it years ago when I had version 5.

Thanks
    [quote name='MalcolmWalker' post='792798' date='10-Sep-2009 14:25']In Adobe Acrobat 5.0.5, that I have seldom used, I am opening PDFs from a third party source, rotating the pages by 90 degrees from a landscape to portrait mode and using `Save as' saving the pages with a new name. However I am not achieving the aim of the exercise as the new files when opened are still in landscape mode.

Am I wrong to expect my aim to be achievable? Assistance would be much appreciated.[/quote]
    Malcolm

I've just been trying a few things on a portrait document, using Acrobat 7, though I hope that v. 5 may work the same. (1) It didn't work just to use the rotate button on the toolbar then save as - it still opened as portrait. (2) It didn't work to change the print layout to landscape.

But what DID work was (3) on the Document menu, I chose the Rotate pages... option, then saved, and the next time I opened it, the change had stuck.

I hope that is some help to you.

Ian

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='IanWilson' post='792802' date='10-Sep-2009 14:49']But what DID work was (3) on the Document menu, I chose the Rotate pages... option, then saved, and the next time I opened it, the change had stuck.

I hope that is some help to you.

Ian[/quote]

It most certainly is a great deal of help to me as it sticks for the page I have rotated and saved. Thank you very much for your assistance - it is very much appreciated.

Malcolm

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='792801' date='10-Sep-2009 14:43']Adobe Acobat can certainly do this, but Acrobat 5 is so old that it is unlikely you will find support for it any more. I can confirm that it definitely works using Acrobat 8, and I am pretty sure I used to do it years ago when I had version 5.[/quote]

Seven years really isn't very old; that is compared to my age. But I do take your point! As Ian, in his response has pointed me in the right direction I am now smiling. {8;-))

Thank you for your reply,

Malcolm

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='MalcolmWalker' post='792830' date='10-Sep-2009 16:59']Seven years really isn't very old; that is compared to my age. But I do take your point! As Ian, in his response has pointed me in the right direction I am now smiling. {8;-))

Thank you for your reply,

Malcolm[/quote]
    I am embarrassed because I had assumed you were using Rotate Pages, that is how I have always done this.

How many times do I have to remind myself NOT to make assumptions!