Lounger
    Thanks

Unhappy

Hey guys, May I ask for your expertise on this minor matter? This morning I updated my Firefox browser to
    the new 3.5.3.
    On my Admin. account all is okay, however, on my limited user account I'm stumped. After the installation for
    the limited account was completed, it placed a new (second) launch icon on the desktop as well as leaving the old one
    remaining on the desktop.
    Since only one is required ( the new one), how can I remove the old one? Obviously this cannot be done in the limited
    account but has to be in the admin. account.
    While in the admin. account, I went into the desktop folder for the limited account to remove the (old or not anymore
    needed icon) it's only showing one present ( the new one).
    So, long story short, how can the old, not needed icon be removed from the limited account desktop?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='texian1836' post='792858' date='10-Sep-2009 18:25']Hey guys, May I ask for your expertise on this minor matter? This morning I updated my Firefox browser to
    the new 3.5.3.
    On my Admin. account all is okay, however, on my limited user account I'm stumped. After the installation for
    the limited account was completed, it placed a new (second) launch icon on the desktop as well as leaving the old one
    remaining on the desktop.
    Since only one is required ( the new one), how can I remove the old one? Obviously this cannot be done in the limited
    account but has to be in the admin. account.
    While in the admin. account, I went into the desktop folder for the limited account to remove the (old or not anymore
    needed icon) it's only showing one present ( the new one).
    So, long story short, how can the old, not needed icon be removed from the limited account desktop?[/quote]

When this happens to me (reasonably often) all I do is just right click on the old (non required) desktop icon and select delete - you are only deleting the shortcut, nothing else. Would this work in your limited account?
    HTH
    Keith

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The shortcut may have been placed on the "All Users" desktop.

Thanks
    [quote name='mbarron' post='792871' date='10-Sep-2009 19:55']The shortcut may have been placed on the "All Users" desktop.[/quote]
    ... so in Windows Explorer (or My Computer). navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop and see whether it is lurking there. Delete the entry if you're satisfied that a similar one appears on you Desktop folder.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Lounger
    Thanks
    The Icon shows (2) on the limited desktop. And when attempting to delete the old icon , it says admin privilege required,
    and yes Batcher , it does show in C:\Documents and Settings\ All Users\ Desktop. Is it safe to delete there without
    adverse effects toward icon on the admin.account?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If it does not already exist in the Admin/Desktop location, you can move it from the All User/Desktop to your Admin/Desktop location If it does exist in the Admin/Desktop, you can delete it from the All User/Desktop location. You can always copy it from one Desktop folder to another Desktop folder

Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks MBarron