3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Editing a 20 page report, with various sections (Heading 1, Heading 2, etc). For some reason, it crashes every time I remove extra paragraph spaces that are before Heading 1 sections. Obviously, what should happen is the entire remaining section of the report moving up two spaces. WTF?

Thanks
    [quote name='ben000' post='792877' date='10-Sep-2009 12:07']Editing a 20 page report, with various sections (Heading 1, Heading 2, etc). For some reason, it crashes every time I remove extra paragraph spaces that are before Heading 1 sections. Obviously, what should happen is the entire remaining section of the report moving up two spaces.[/quote]
    Are you deleting empty paragraphs or are you "closing up" the Space Before formatting on those Heading 1 paragraphs? (I don't have answers in either case, but just to explain the situation a bit more.) Do you have any manual page or section breaks before the "Heading 1 sections," or do they have Page Break Before applied to them?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    the formatting is already there, just "closing up space" between the end of one sedciont (the text of which is in normal style) and the beginning of another (the heading of which is in heading 1 style)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='ben000' post='792906' date='10-Sep-2009 18:10']the formatting is already there, just "closing up space" between the end of one sedciont (the text of which is in normal style) and the beginning of another (the heading of which is in heading 1 style)[/quote]
    Removing some empty paragraphs at the start of a section shouldn't in and of itself cause Word to crash. Could you attach a copy of the document so we can take a look?

As a general note, there's really no reason to have extra empty returns before a heading at the start of a section - just define the heading paragraph - or even better, the heading style - to have the required Space Before.

Gary

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I closed the doc, rebooted, and reopened, and no longer encounter these crashes. Go figure.