Lounger
    Thanks
    Iím having a problem with my Signature in Outlook 2007. Itís strange; the signature does not word wrap correctly. In my case, the signature consists of 7 lines. They are:
    1. Name
    2. Title
    3. Company
    4. Address
    5. Address (City, State, Zip)
    6. Phone Number
    7. Email Address

In the Signatures and Stationery setup; the signature is displayed correct. When I create a new email message, the signature appears and itís correctly display/word wrapped. However, when I send the message lines 3, 4 and 5 are shown on the same line. The signature in the message looks like this:

1. Name
    2. Title
    3. Company 4. Address 5. Address (City, State, Zip)
    6. Phone Number
    7. Email Address

I read someplace that I should try using the shift/enter key to set a hard return, but that did not work. I get the same results. Any suggestions as to why/how lines 3, 4 and 5 are getting combined onto a single line? I did not do anything difference on the other lines (e.g., 1, 2, etc.); just entered the name then used the enter/return key to start a new line.

By the way, all of our messages are composed in Plain Text format.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    You could try editing the signature file directly.
    • If you are using Vista then you will find it at C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures
    • If you are using XP then you will find it at C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Signatures
    There are three files, with .txt, .rtf and .htm extensions for each format of email.

Thanks
    [quote name='sbdale' post='792904' date='10-Sep-2009 14:54']However, when I send the message lines 3, 4 and 5 are shown on the same line. The signature in the message looks like this:

1. Name
    2. Title
    3. Company 4. Address 5. Address (City, State, Zip)
    6. Phone Number
    7. Email Address[/quote]
    By any chance, did you copy and paste that section of your signature block from a web page? That could introduce "Unix-style" line breaks that are not fully compatible with all Windows applications. I suggest copying the entire signature block and pasting it into Notepad, perfecting it there, and then pasting that back into your signature. Any luck?

Lounger
    Thanks
    StuarR and jscher2000,

Thanks for your recommendations. I edited all three files (i.e., txt, rtf, and htm), as well as copying the signature block into Notepad and ďperfectingĒ in and then pasting it back into a new signature block. However, I continue get the same results. Any additional suggestions?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    [quote name='sbdale' post='792999' date='11-Sep-2009 10:50']StuarR and jscher2000,

Thanks for your recommendations. I edited all three files (i.e., txt, rtf, and htm), as well as copying the signature block into Notepad and "perfecting" in and then pasting it back into a new signature block. However, I continue get the same results. Any additional suggestions?[/quote]

Check in Outlook to see that "Remove extra line breaks in plain text messages" is not checked at Tools | Options | Preferences | Email Options.

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    I was playing around with the Signature Block; in line 3 I used parenthesis ( ) in the company name. When I deleted the left and right parenthesis, the signature block would display correctly on the sent email message.

Itís strange that the parenthesis in line 3 would impact/cause line 3, 4 and 5 not to word wrap the text correctly.

I would like to use the parenthesis in line 3 (Company Name). Any ideals?

By the way, our messages are sent in plain text, so my signature block uses the .txt file.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Joe,

I'm sorry I did not pick-up on your reply before I posted my comments concerning the parenthesis. When I changed the preferences as you suggested to insure that "Remove extra lines in plain text message" option IS NOT checked, the Signature Blocks were sent correctly to include the use of parenthesis in the company line. Thanks.