3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Talking

I have designed a userform in Word 2007 that has 5 Text boxes.
    I have given a name to each text box
    Name
    Address
    City
    State
    Zip
    I would like to be able to populate text boxs on a userform and by using a command button have this data transferred to the same word document that userform is on. Do I use tables with bookmarks on the word document and is there a certain code that is used.

Thanks
    [quote name='ababenchrist' post='792941' date='10-Sep-2009 21:23']Do I use tables with bookmarks on the word document and is there a certain code that is used.[/quote]
    Bookmarks are convenient because they are unique. However, is this a one-time process? If you envision users wanting to re-use the UserForm, you may need to take special care to re-add the bookmark because inserting text to a bookmark may blow it away. This thread is quite ancient, but hopefully you will find the discussion useful: [topic="292199"]Populating a Word Template wth ans SQL Table (2000) (Word)[/topic]. And of course you could search for more recent stuff.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='jscher2000' post='792945' date='10-Sep-2009 22:44']Bookmarks are convenient because they are unique. However, is this a one-time process? If you envision users wanting to re-use the UserForm, you may need to take special care to re-add the bookmark because inserting text to a bookmark may blow it away. This thread is quite ancient, but hopefully you will find the discussion useful: [topic="292199"]Populating a Word Template wth ans SQL Table (2000) (Word)[/topic]. And of course you could search for more recent stuff.[/quote]

Hi jscher2000
    First let me say thank you
    and yes the users will be re-using the Userform, possible quite often. I will check out this thread you sent me and see what I can do.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I also came across this web site by Greg Maxey that was very helpful, easy to understand and follow.
    So I thought I might share.

Bookmarking Text from a Userform and more by Greg Maxey