3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a column of cells that contain 1's and 0's as a result of an If formula. The 0's represent gaps in a data file, the 1's indicate the availability of data. How to create a line plot where the 0's are not plotted so the gaps are quickly spotted? The x-axis would be time.

Anybody any ideas please?

Regards, Teunis

Thanks
    If you are missing data, why not plot the data range itself, the missing data, since it is blank should then not be plotted??

I know of no way to create gaps in a chart without leaving the cells blank (and if it contains a formula it is not blank...). This could be done with a macro, autofiltering, or using an error function instead of zero and then using GOTO to find the errors and deleting the contents of the cells.

If the data will change, you will have to recreate the formulas and repeat the process...

[FYI, creating a #N/A [=na()] will plot nothing and the lines will connect the points before and after the #N/A. Any other error (or a text string, including a null) will plot a point with a value of zero]

Steve

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Steve, I'll follow your suggestion of plotting directly.

Regards, Teunis