Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Attached please find spreadsheet

Column A contains dates in format dd/mm/yyyy and various disbursements/advances made in column B. Column G contains that dates that Interest Dates were changes and column H contains the various interest rates that have been changes on the dates specified in col G

I need to calculate the interest on the disbursements made at the various interest dates as well as culmulative interest. i.e I need to calculate the total interest daue based on a running total

Your assistance will be most appreciated

Regards

Howard
    Attached Files Attached Files

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HowardC' post='793085' date='12-Sep-2009 18:40']Attached please find spreadsheet

Column A contains dates in format dd/mm/yyyy and various disbursements/advances made in column B. Column G contains that dates that Interest Dates were changes and column H contains the various interest rates that have been changes on the dates specified in col G

I need to calculate the interest on the disbursements made at the various interest dates as well as culmulative interest. i.e I need to calculate the total interest daue based on a running total

Regards

Howard[/quote]
    Two observations:

First, I think it is column H contains dates when Interest rates changed. Second, there is no previous applicable interest rates.
    Regards
    Prasad

Thanks
    I am afraid I don't understand your spreadsheet. If you have given the dates and the new interest what is the original interest? what about the interest with values that have no dates.

Is this simple or compound interest and if compounded how often is it compounded, annually, monthly, yearly? Are you using standard months/ years or actual month years for the calculations.

It would help if you could detail some the logic in the calculations you want to formulate to ensure that any formulas we create would match the "true values"...

Steve

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='sdckapr' post='793173' date='13-Sep-2009 14:06']I am afraid I don't understand your spreadsheet. If you have given the dates and the new interest what is the original interest? what about the interest with values that have no dates.

Is this simple or compound interest and if compounded how often is it compounded, annually, monthly, yearly? Are you using standard months/ years or actual month years for the calculations.

It would help if you could detail some the logic in the calculations you want to formulate to ensure that any formulas we create would match the "true values"...

Steve[/quote]

Hi Steve

I need to calculate interest compounded monthly. See attached spreadsheet. If you need any further info, please let me know. The Interest Rates have changed on the dates as specified in col M. I need to claculate the int compounded monthly on the values in Col B, based on the applicable Interest Amount.

Regards

Howard
    Attached Files Attached Files

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HowardC' post='793174' date='13-Sep-2009 09:13']Hi Steve

I need to calculate interest compounded monthly. See attached spreadsheet. If you need any further info, please let me know. The Interest Rates have changed on the dates as specified in col M. I need to claculate the int compounded monthly on the values in Col B, based on the applicable Interest Amount.

Regards

Howard[/quote]
    What day of the month is the interest compounded?
    How are partial months handled? considering that there are months with 28 through 31 days.
    Regards
    Don

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HowardC' post='793085' date='12-Sep-2009 09:10']Attached please find spreadsheet

Regards

Howard[/quote]
    You might try adapting the UDF provided at post 793182.
    Regards
    Don