Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    For those who worry about the fate of their drivers under Windows 7, I ran across an interesting site (if you follow the links for your own equipment) at HP: HP_drivers. In my case it was reassuring, but YMMV.

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    [quote name='peterg' post='793128' date='12-Sep-2009 22:49']For those who worry about the fate of their drivers under Windows 7, I ran across an interesting site (if you follow the links for your own equipment) at HP: HP_drivers. In my case it was reassuring, but YMMV.[/quote]
    Peter. that's an excellent reference, and I think it's worth bringing out the HP printer support link showing the Windows 7 driver support for the ranges of HP printers - in this case I have pointed at the LaserJet range:
    HP Imaging and Printing Software and Driver Information for Windows 7
    BATcher

If it wasn't for the weather, Great Britain would be a silent nation.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I had an interesting if not exasperating experience a short time ago on this subject. Having just installed a new router, I was checking my three operating systems to make sure all was well with both the computers AND the HP6980 printer that is attached to the router.

When I booted into the Windows 7 RC I got a notice that there were TWO updates ready, one of which was drivers for the HP 6980. As I usually do, I OK'd the installation of the two updates. The HP drivers install failed THREE times and yet the printer still works in Win7. Go figure and I ain't gonna worry about it anymore until I get my RTM (Gold) copy next month.

EDITED: I forgot to add that I checked Driver Information for Windows® 7 - Deskjet which DOES say that drivers for the HP 6980 will be included in Windows 7.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    You might give this new site a try when looking for DRIVERS.