2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,

I have a Dell Desktop running Vista Home Premium 32 bit.
    Long story short, about a year ago I had to do a Factory Image reinstall and since doing so have lost my Roxio CD Creator v 9.1 function. Something about an invalid certificate.
    Since then, I haven't really had need of it so didn't do anything about it.

Now, I have bought and installed a new HP multifunction printer via ethernet and when I installed the software for that, it woke up my Roxio and I can now use it again.

But it also woke up something called Software Manager which seems to be related to macrovision. Every day it keeps nagging me for a critical update but when I try tosee the details, the screen comes up half blank. If I close it, the system tray icon goes away and comes back again the next day.
    If I try to load it from Start>Programs, it searches endlessly for updates. No freezes, just sits and looks.[attachment=85511:Capture.JPG]

There wasn't much on google, just that it was related to Roxio and that some roxio users might have issues.

Is anyone familiar with this program? Do I need it or can I tell it to go away (the option to NOT notify me of updates is available)?

Thanks

[attachment=85512:Capture.JPG]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    I am not familiar with the program, however there are numerous hits in Google using
    disable macrovision "software manager"
    I could not ascertain which are of value.

Thanks
    Forgot to add, Macrovision has reinvented itself
    rovicorp.com/company/11082.htm

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='E_OGRADY' post='793162' date='13-Sep-2009 11:49']Forgot to add, Macrovision has reinvented itself
    rovicorp.com/company/11082.htm[/quote]

Hello,
    Thank you for your reply. I had a look at the website.
    It would seem that Software Manager has morphed into something else as well. Probably why it doesn't find updates for itself. What I'll probably do (since everything seems to work fine without it) is next time the update window pops up, I'll just tell it to 'not remind me again'.
    If anyone finds out any other info, please let me know

Thanks
    [quote name='Peppurr101' post='793160' date='13-Sep-2009 11:19'][/quote]
    Have a read through these posts to see if anything assists...

It seems to be a right pain to some people, but I seem to remember it being on at least one computer with which I deal, and I think I got rid of it without any great difficulty. Probably removed it from the startup list using Autoruns, and deleted the directory from Program Files. It never came up with any messages, though - I just found it as one of the icons in Control Panel.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...