Thanks
    I have a Samsung 226BW monitor.

In the last two days, if I turn on the monitor, when the PC and monitor are "cold", it flashes, similar to a strobe light. It does this whether or not the CPU itself is on.

Is the monitor is 'dying"? Because once it stops (by my turning it off and on) it's fine for the rest of the day/night.

Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Thanks
    [quote name='CWBillow' post='793195' date='13-Sep-2009 17:33']Is the monitor 'dying"?[/quote]
    Clearly it is not showing symptoms of being in the best of health!
    However, only a psychic would be able to predict when and if it will fail, in a more substantial manner.
    Check the seating of the power and video cables - at each end - and line up a replacement monitor, just in case.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Thanks
    [quote name='CWBillow' post='793195' date='13-Sep-2009 12:33']I have a Samsung 226BW monitor.

In the last two days, if I turn on the monitor, when the PC and monitor are "cold", it flashes, similar to a strobe light. It does this whether or not the CPU itself is on.

Is the monitor is 'dying"? Because once it stops (by my turning it off and on) it's fine for the rest of the day/night.

Chuck Billow[/quote]
    A quick "sub" on another machine will be a good test, if a friend is nearby.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Thanks
    [quote name='viking33' post='793211' date='13-Sep-2009 13:14']A quick "sub" on another machine will be a good test, if a friend is nearby.[/quote]

Oh my...

OK thanks guys...

Chuck
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"