4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi, I'm looking to e-mail a report (from a button on a form), but would like to send it in Snapshot format (or pdf as we've got CutePDF), but I'm struggling to find the appropriate syntax for the SendObject command.

This is how far I've got;

stDocName = "rptSIR"
    DoCmd.SendObject acReport, stDocName,

I knowit's the next part, but what????

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    OK, I've found a solution for that one, but now I want to filter the result to the current/selected record.

Any ideas???

PS here's where I'm at, at the mo';

DoCmd.SendObject acReport, stDocName, "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)"

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='Egg 'n' Bacon' post='793278' date='15-Sep-2009 00:44']OK, I've found a solution for that one, but now I want to filter the result to the current/selected record.

Any ideas???

PS here's where I'm at, at the mo';

DoCmd.SendObject acReport, stDocName, "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)"[/quote]
    I have used that approach before (in creeating a pdf file) then using a special sub SendMail to send that file as an attachment.
    I didn't use sendobject, i set the printer to pdf995 in the page setup of the report.
    Try searching for sendMail in here.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='Egg 'n' Bacon' post='793278' date='15-Sep-2009 00:44']OK, I've found a solution for that one, but now I want to filter the result to the current/selected record.

DoCmd.SendObject acReport, stDocName, "SnapshotFormat(*.snp)"[/quote]
    If you open the report in Preview mode, at the current record, before you use Send Object, it will send the currently open report - i.e. just the current record.

What Version of Access are you using? 2007 has built in support for pdf, but earlier versions don't. So in 2007 you can send as pdf by using SendObject and just changing the format to pdf. In earlier versions you need to use completely different code as Pat has suggested.
    Regards
    John

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='johnhutchison' post='793322' date='14-Sep-2009 23:37']If you open the report in Preview mode, at the current record, before you use Send Object, it will send the currently open report - i.e. just the current record.

What Version of Access are you using? 2007 has built in support for pdf, but earlier versions don't. So in 2007 you can send as pdf by using SendObject and just changing the format to pdf. In earlier versions you need to use completely different code as Pat has suggested.[/quote]

Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry I haven't replied before now (2 day course).

I am using 2007, and your solution , John, sounds like just what I need. Do you know the syntax for that output? I tried "PDFFormat(*.pdf)", but it didn't like that.

TIA

OK, needed to install the add-on.

Many thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Instead of the literal string "SnapshotFormat (*.snp)", you can also use the symbolic constant acFormatSNP, and instead of "PDFFormat (*.pdf)", you can use acFormatPDF.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='793683' date='17-Sep-2009 10:47']Instead of the literal string "SnapshotFormat (*.snp)", you can also use the symbolic constant acFormatSNP, and instead of "PDFFormat (*.pdf)", you can use acFormatPDF.[/quote]

Now that is a bit weird; using the string didn't work, so I ended up using acformatPDF

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    There needs to be a space between Format and ( in the string.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='HansV' post='793702' date='17-Sep-2009 12:33']There needs to be a space between Format and ( in the string.[/quote]

It's good you said; I would never have found that.

Cheers mate