Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Ive to program in Outlook 2007.

On opening outlook the request is display a "New" menu that displays a list of forms. when clicked on displays the appropriate form.

1 any code to get me started in programming in outlook displaying menus and

2. As outlook is a hybrid of toolbars and ribbons Im uncertain on whether to create a new toolbar, or a new addin.

any ideas?

many thanks

diana

Thanks
    [quote name='Diana' post='793339' date='14-Sep-2009 21:52']On opening outlook the request is display a "New" menu that displays a list of forms. when clicked on displays the appropriate form.[/quote]
    The main interface of Outlook 2007 carries over the familiar CommandBars interface. You can mostly re-use code from earlier versions of Outlook when it comes to adding a menu to the menu bar. You can build an add-in for deployment -- that certainly is easier for users since there is no concept of adding lots of global templates -- but for purposes of iterative development and testing, you may prefer to add the code to the Outlook project.

I'm not sure it makes sense to rebuild the forms dialog, but in the days of Outlook 2000, when I wanted to display a particular set of form (Personal Forms Library) I had to use (gasp!) SendKeys. Hopefully you will find something more promising.