Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Does anybody know of a template that does tabs on the page edges, like shown in the picture below? Or any suggestions for a table/VBA solution to achieve this? I'm not sure if my printer can "crib" right to the edge of the page, but I'd like to try this out. The page tab would have to move location for a new chapter, and also carry the name of the chapter as rotated text.

Alan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='AlanMiller' post='793369' date='15-Sep-2009 14:09']Does anybody know of a template that does tabs on the page edges, like shown in the picture below? Or any suggestions for a table/VBA solution to achieve this? I'm not sure if my printer can "crib" right to the edge of the page, but I'd like to try this out. The page tab would have to move location for a new chapter, and also carry the name of the chapter as rotated text.

Alan[/quote]
    Could you do this with a table in the page header, and a Styleref field. Like the attached.

[attachment=85535:Page_tab.docx]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='StuartR' post='793387' date='16-Sep-2009 00:49']Could you do this with a table in the page header, and a Styleref field. Like the attached.

[attachment=85535:Page_tab.docx][/quote]
    Thanks Stuart - that looks like a good start. I'll need to give some thought to the vertical positioning of the tab on the page margin.

Alan

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='AlanMiller' post='793390' date='15-Sep-2009 16:30']I'll need to give some thought to the vertical positioning of the tab on the page margin.[/quote]
    Sadly, I couldn't manage to drag-and-drop the table, but right clicking on it, Table Properties, Positioning... allowed me to specifiy that the vertical position was 13cm relative to the page. You would presumably have to use this method to move it.