liner
    Hello again.

I use fields to help me construct documents. When the document is all done, I want to delete the fields in a certain range. (All fields; I don't care what they are). If I can use search & replace, I can simply highlight the range and go to it. Is there a way to specify fields in Search and Replace?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='liner' post='793392' date='15-Sep-2009 16:34']Is there a way to specify fields in Search and Replace?[/quote]
    ^d will find any field, but you need to use Alt-F9 to reveal field codes first.

liner
    [quote name='StuartR' post='793399' date='15-Sep-2009 11:00']^d will find any field, but you need to use Alt-F9 to reveal field codes first.[/quote]

Thank you.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='liner' post='793392' date='15-Sep-2009 11:34']Hello again.

I use fields to help me construct documents. When the document is all done, I want to delete the fields in a certain range. (All fields; I don't care what they are). If I can use search & replace, I can simply highlight the range and go to it. Is there a way to specify fields in Search and Replace?[/quote]
    Another quick way to search for fields (and other objects) is to use the Object Browser (this is the little circle and up and down arrows that are just under the bottom of the right-hand scroll bar). Click on the little circle, select 'Browse by Field', and then the little up and down arrows will function to browse to next or previous field (see attached pic).

Gary

[attachment=85546:BrowseByField.JPG]
    Attached Images Attached Images