New Lounger
    Thanks
    I would like to automatically generate a Bar code based on the value of a field in Access. Is there a routine for this built into Access or third party add on? Thank you for your help

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It could depend on the bar code you are using. 3 of 9, for example, can be downloaded as a font. You then create a field based on what you want bar coded. 3 of 9 uses a start and stop character of *. An example of your field would be

="*" & [PartNumber] & "*"

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='KevinOVF' post='793397' date='15-Sep-2009 11:58']I would like to automatically generate a Bar code based on the value of a field in Access. Is there a routine for this built into Access or third party add on? Thank you for your help[/quote]

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='KevinOVF' post='793397' date='15-Sep-2009 11:58']I would like to automatically generate a Bar code based on the value of a field in Access. Is there a routine for this built into Access or third party add on? Thank you for your help[/quote]
    As mbarron mentioned, you can use a 3 of 9 barcode font that you can easily find for free on the internet. This is the easiest way to go if all you need is a simple barcode (I've used it alot). There are some 3rd party controls available if you really need to get fancy (rotating the control, different barcodes, custom sizes, etc.).
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.