4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I want to copy from a linked table and make a new table but i get the above error.Cn yo help me ?

DoCmd.RunSQL "SELECT products.productid INTO XXX FROM products FROM products WHERE 1=2"

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='freelance' post='793499' date='16-Sep-2009 19:58']I want to copy from a linked table and make a new table but i get the above error.Cn yo help me ?

DoCmd.RunSQL "SELECT products.productid INTO XXX FROM products FROM products WHERE 1=2"[/quote]
    Try

DoCmd.RunSQL "SELECT products.productid INTO XXX FROM products WHERE 1=2":

The problem with this is that 1 does not equal 2 so no records will be copied.

So try:

DoCmd.RunSQL "SELECT products.productid INTO XXX FROM products"

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    [quote name='freelance' post='793499' date='16-Sep-2009 18:58']DoCmd.RunSQL "SELECT products.productid INTO XXX FROM products FROM products WHERE 1=2"[/quote]

Is 1 a field name? and you want to select the records where the value of this field is 2? Otherwise explain what "where 1=2" is supposed to mean.
    Does this work?
    DoCmd.RunSQL "SELECT products.productid INTO XXX FROM products FROM products WHERE products.1=2
    Regards
    John

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This syntax works OK for me with both local and linked tables in Access 2000. Are you sure you've checked the field / table names exactly.

(I assume you're using 1=2 to generate a FALSE condition which causes the target table to be created but with no records in it)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you very much for the fine suggestions they worked and i am pleased with the results!