5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've attached a version of my development DB. To see the problem, the file will have to be unpacked and the read only property removed, otherwise you get an error which masks the current problem.

When the employeeData form is opened, it displays a blank, new record for user input. Display of an existing employee's record is by selection from the drop down list at the top.

This has been working perfectly for months!. Suddenly, last night, it developed a quirk.
    When the EmployeeData form is opened, the EstablishmentGroup sub-form and its associated labels are missing (that' the blank space at top right). Select an employee from the drop down list and it magically reappears, complete with data.

Why isn't the sub-form being displayed on the new record and how can I make it appear, please?
    Thanks
    Silverback
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Silverback

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='silverback' post='793504' date='16-Sep-2009 20:49']I've attached a version of my development DB. To see the problem, the file will have to be unpacked and the read only property removed, otherwise you get an error which masks the current problem.

When the employeeData form is opened, it displays a blank, new record for user input. Display of an existing employee's record is by selection from the drop down list at the top.

This has been working perfectly for months!. Suddenly, last night, it developed a quirk.
    When the EmployeeData form is opened, the EstablishmentGroup sub-form and its associated labels are missing (that' the blank space at top right). Select an employee from the drop down list and it magically reappears, complete with data.

Why isn't the sub-form being displayed on the new record and how can I make it appear, please?
    Thanks
    Silverback[/quote]
    In the OnCurrent event of the form you have code that hides these controls if ID is null.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Further to Pat's response, I don't think you want that subform visible in a new record. After all it is linked to the Employment History form, which is itself linked to the Employee ID.

So you should not be able to enter any records in Establishment Group until there is an Employment History, and you can't have a history until you have an employee.
    Regards
    John

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Oh dear. How embarrassing
    I really am getting too old for this business. I was absolutely convinced that the subform used to be displayed and that suddenly it stopped. As you have shown, it was clearly only in my imagination.

I am working on John's suggestion, now. The logic is sound, but instead of having bits of the form suddenly appear, I'm trying to have the subform always displayed but locked until an EmploymentHistory record has been supplied.

No doubt I'll be asking for more help, soon.

Please accept my apologies for wasting the lounge time.
    Silverback
    Silverback