Thread: Check box

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am trying to use the forms toolbar in Excel 2003 to create a check box or even radio button on a form that is linked to a cell. Technically the feature is working but everytime I select a checkbox I get the text "True" in the cell behind the box. If I deselect the checkbox then I'm getting "False". I can't seem to delete these and I tried to look at the code but there was no detail showing an if/then statement for displaying the text. It's very annoying -help if you can!

MktgMgr

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    [quote name='MktgMgr' post='793529' date='16-Sep-2009 14:46']I am trying to use the forms toolbar in Excel 2003 to create a check box or even radio button on a form that is linked to a cell. Technically the feature is working but everytime I select a checkbox I get the text "True" in the cell behind the box. If I deselect the checkbox then I'm getting "False". I can't seem to delete these and I tried to look at the code but there was no detail showing an if/then statement for displaying the text. It's very annoying -help if you can!

MktgMgr[/quote]
    Hi There

I am not an expert but it occurs to me that you could eaither colour the text the same as you background or set the Conditional formatting to cell value is equel to TRUE and make the text the colour of the background and do the same with False.

Of course the beauty of this lounge is that you will get a much more elegant answer in a minute

Regards

Thanks
    [quote name='Danny Williams' post='793531' date='16-Sep-2009 07:51']Of course the beauty of this lounge is that you will get a much more elegant answer in a minute[/quote]

Sometimes - it takes longer than a minute!

It sounds like you just want the visible aspects of a form - not the programming.
    Right-click on the control, and choose Format Control from the menu.
    The Format Control dialogue will open.
    Select the Control tab (if it isn't open already).
    Go to the Cell Link field and delete cell address where True/False appears.
    Click on OK to accept and leave the dialogue.

You will need to click in the cell and delete any True/False text.
    But, now you can select/deselect without text being written to the cell.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WebGenii For This Useful Post:

swisherink (2011-12-28)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks so much! I feel stupid that it was so easy-I never thought to try that.
    [quote name='WebGenii' post='793547' date='16-Sep-2009 10:33']Sometimes - it takes longer than a minute!

It sounds like you just want the visible aspects of a form - not the programming.
    Right-click on the control, and choose Format Control from the menu.
    The Format Control dialogue will open.
    Select the Control tab (if it isn't open already).
    Go to the Cell Link field and delete cell address where True/False appears.
    Click on OK to accept and leave the dialogue.

You will need to click in the cell and delete any True/False text.
    But, now you can select/deselect without text being written to the cell.[/quote]

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Catherine

It is worth waiting the extra 41 Minutes to learn something new from an expert :-) on this board
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)